Forms 4.5 - implementing the "shopping cart" model

From: Chris Hughes <chris.hughes_at_gsc.gte.com>
Date: 7 Jul 1998 14:49:14 GMT

Hello:

[Quoted] I would like to build an application that is very similar to the "shopping cart" model that you see so often on the internet, but with Oracle Forms 4.5 as the development tool.

If you are not familiar with this model it essentially works like this: users are allowed to select items from a list of available items and put thier selections into a "shopping cart." They can add or remove items at will from the cart. When the user is done with selection, the shopping cart will be processed - im my specific case, just posted to a database.

I was wondering if anyone had implemented this model, or something similar to it. I am curious as to how I could attack the problem. I am planning on putting the selections from the list into a record group and then displaying the contents of the record group in a multi-record block, but this is just an idea at this point.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

-Chris

"The views expressed are the author's and do not necessarily reflect the official position of GTE or any of its
subsidiaries" Received on Tue Jul 07 1998 - 16:49:14 CEST

Original text of this message