Re: Re: Forms 5 - A bug fix??

From: Marcel Claus <Marcel.Claus_at_Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 14:13:37 +0100

Valery A. Sorokin wrote:

> Some bugs or disadvantages exists.
>
> Forms Runtime 5.0.6.8.0 (Production) not have enough stability,
> I think. For example: If you use many CALL_FORM function call,
> it will slowly and slowly under Forms Builder runs, and
> will crush under Forms Runtime runs (in Win95).
> Look like disk usage is grow and memory space is gone.
>
> And one more example: If you hide console (status line) by another
> window or by Taskbar and then open it, any process messages
> are hided and SYNCHRONIZE command not helps if form work in progress.
>
> But Developer 2.1 has very nice new features and we use it now
> in production mode. And waiting new version or patches :)
>
> Any advices would be appreciated.
>
> Richard Fairbairn wrote:
> >
> > I heard through the grapevine that Forms 5 is merely all the things
> > that Forms 4.5 was meant to be but never was. Can someone enlighten
> > me on the subject?
> >
> > Also, A colleague of mine told me never to use the copy and paste
> > properties feature of Forms 4.5 because it would corrupt any form I
> > was developing. Is this true?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > R.W. Fairbairn
>
> --
> Valery A. Sorokin
> ProSoft, Russia, Moscow, Information Systems Division
> Phone: +7 (095) 234 0636 (6 lines) FAX: +7 (095) 234 0640
> E-mail: vsorokin_at_dd.ru OR vsorokin_at_prosoftmpc.msk.su
> http://www.dd.ru

[Quoted]  I also found some major bugs in Forms 5. The designer and the runtime crashes often under Win95 but under WinNT 4 it doesnt. I don't know why but in our company we use only NT 4. There is another bug in Reports. Sometimes we get the message 'REP-0001: unable to retrieve a string from the reports message builder'
and the report (called with RUN_PRODUCT(REPORTS, ...)) doesnt run. When I recompile this report on the client the error is gone.
Has amoebody had the smae problem or is there a workaround?

Marcel Received on Tue Jul 07 1998 - 15:13:37 CEST

Original text of this message