7.3.3 Intelligent Agent config

From: Anne-Marie Ternes <anne-marie.ternes_at_cie.etat.lu>
Date: 1998/07/06

Hello,

[Quoted] while installing Oracle 7.3.3 on Sun Solaris 2.5, I have also installed Oracle Intelligent Agent. I would like to use it with Enterprise Manager.
I have not succeeded in making the agent work. Several docs exist, but no one is explicit nor complete.
My question is: could somebody give me step to step instructions on what I must do to get the agent working?

Further questions:

  1. What is the "native Solaris 2.x SNMP agent?
  2. What are the "CONFIG.master, CONFIG.encap" files good for?
  3. In the CONFIG.master file, the ipaddr field should be changed to what address? That of my client machine, or that of where Oracle is installed?
  4. What are SNMP trap messages exactly?
  5. In the Oracle doc called "Complete Installation for Oracle Intelligent Agent", point 4 tells me to "Configure the database subagent". What is this subagent? How do I configure it?
  6. What are the differences between peer master agent, peer encapsulator, native Solaris agent, snmpd and dbsnmpd agents?

You see, I'm heavily confused. I would be very grateful if someone could explain to me the general functioning of the agents, what they mean, and how I should get them to work.

Thank you very much in advance,

Anne-Marie Ternes

anne-marie.ternes_at_cie.etat.lu Received on Mon Jul 06 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message