Re: Connect to remote server via RAS and SQL*PLus

From: Prasad Chavali <pchavali_at_assettech.com>
Date: 3 Jul 1998 11:14:00 -0700

Yes you can connect to SQL*Plus from RAS. When you dial-in what kind of settings you have on the connection. You need to setup the TCP/IP connection (DHCP or Server Assigned). Once you dial in, if you can ping your server, you can connect through SQL. If you are using some other networking protocal like named pipes or SPX, you need to setup the same through dial-up also.

When you are in the office, what is the Protocol to the database?

HTH Prasad Chavali
pchavali_at_assettech.com