Re: auto pick

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 3 Jul 1998 03:26:05 GMT

>I have a tabular database block that has 10 rows with 2 columns. The first
>column is a 1 character code and the 2nd is a description. I want the block
>to navigate to the next block as soon as the user types 1 of the codes in the
>first column (withour having to enter any other key ie <enter> etc.). Any
>suggsestions how to do this using forms 5.0? THANKS

I don't know about Forms 5.0, but in all the previous versions of Forms, the items had a AutoSkip property. If this is set to true, when the <field length> number of characters have been entered, to jumps to the next field. So set the field size to 1 in your case). There are several ways to make it jump to the next block (but one IS NOT using a go_item in the when-validate). You can make it the last enterable field in the block, and set a block property (don't remember the name) that says to go to the next block from the last field in the bloc. You could set the NEXT_ITEM property to be the 1st field in the next block.

Dan Hekimian-Williams Received on Fri Jul 03 1998 - 05:26:05 CEST

Original text of this message