Re: Y2k and d2k

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 2 Jul 1998 00:54:45 GMT

>I need to make some forms y2k compiant and I wondered if I am covering all
>the bases
>by making date fields in reports 4 character, and in reports, changing all
>yys to RRs in
>item properties. Does anyone have experience here. What about triggers?
>
>thanks,
>
>sean

Oracles position is that if you store date data in the DATE datatype, the dates are ok. What you do with them in triggers, etc may of course violate that somehow. I do not use the RR format, I just use the YYYY format everywhere so there is no question.

Dan Hekimian-Williams Received on Thu Jul 02 1998 - 02:54:45 CEST

Original text of this message