record_status, post-query, and when-validate-item.

From: rick forrest <rickforrest_at_mindUHUHSPAMspring.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 20:38:18 GMT

Hi.

[Quoted] I have a block in a form based on a view.

I have a non-base table item, with a when-validate-item trigger.

The WVI trigger checks the record_status. If set to Query, it sets it to Changed. This allows me to mark the record changed when the user changes this item. Duh.

My problem is that the WVI trigger fires during the execution of the query (after the user presses F8).

I used to have this exact problem on another form, but during some other changes, it went away. I've compared the two forms, and I can't make the 2nd one work.

Help! What combination of form, block, item, and trigger properties do I need to make WVI not fire during EXECUTE_QUERY?

thx,

rick

please take out the U H U H S P A M in my address to reply via email. Received on Wed Jul 01 1998 - 22:38:18 CEST

Original text of this message