Re: forms5/oracle8 - dynamic SQL compilation problem

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 30 Jun 1998 05:47:58 GMT

In article <zoEC6EAZQ8l1EwA5_at_Anagram.demon.co.uk>, Steve <steve_at_Anagram.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>Hi
>
>After f4.5 -> f5 conversion, when compiling get:

>Error 905 at...
> object SYS.DBMS_SQL is invalid.
>
>Obvioulsy this never happened in the F4.5 form.
>
>Any ideas? Known problem? Workaround?
>
>Best to send a personal email to me - takes AGES to download newsgroup
>articles - which sometimes I never get!
>
>Thanks in advance for any advice.
>--
>Steve

Yes, I have seen the problem, too. To run Forms 5 and call dbms_sql, you need Oracle 7.3.4 or higher, or 8.0.4 or higher. My QA utility won't work from Forms 5 at lower than those dbms releases, either.

However, there is a (kind of messy) workaround: Create a package on the server with procedures that make all your dbms_sql calls, and call the procedures in the package from the form.

Regards,
Steve Cosner
http://members.aol.com/stevec5088 Received on Tue Jun 30 1998 - 07:47:58 CEST

Original text of this message