Re: Designer/2000 installation

From: Peter Schneider <peter.schneider_at_okay.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 22:53:22 GMT

On 26 Jun 1998 23:25:50 GMT, Arasch.Bromand_at_t-online.de (Arasch Bromand) wrote:

>Hi there,
>I work at a project for Deutsche Post AG in Germany. We want to install
>Designer/2000. But we have big Problems. During installation of
>repository we have got following Error messages:
>
>rmdbg.rpb: packet compiled with compilation error
>rmac.rpb: packet compiled with compilation error
>
>After installation I can not create an application system. The following
>error message appears:

Hi Arasch,

did you grant execute privileges on sys.dbms_pipe and sys.dbms_lock to the repository owner ? (You need to be connected as SYS to do that.) Did you create the role des2000_owner by running the script ckrorole.sql from the \$ora_home\repadm10 or repadm20 directory and granted this role to the repository owner ?

Check these points, and then try to recompile the invalid packages. If they still give errors, try

show err package [body] <package name>

This may point you to some other steps that may have been forgotten during installation.

HTH,
Peter

--
Peter Schneider