webforms

From: George S.Q. Li <sql_at_melrose-place.com>
Date: 1998/06/29

Hi,

I would like to know how reliable the oracle webform and reports from the developer/2000 web enable version. 1.4W, 1.5, etc. I think it's only available on windowsNT and Sun Solaris platform.

I have some difficulty in running the webforms, the Netscape Navigator(3.0, 4.0x communicator)'s Java have some problems. Appletviewer seems to be fine.

My question is: how reliable the webform is? any performance problems? is it a memory hog? what if 100+ users hit on it at the same time?

Java seems to be not that mature yet, as it's going thru a lot of bug fixes...Does anyone have any successful experience on using Java with oracle as the backend?

thanks!

--SQL Received on Mon Jun 29 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message