Program core-dumps when calling libclntsh.sl on HP-UX

From: <crankin_at_pacbell.mobile.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 18:11:31 GMT

Hi,

I am trying to dynamically link a Pro-C application to the ORACLE libclntsh.sl library. Unfortunately, every single attempt results in a core-dump. I built the shared library using the clntsh.mk script without any apparent problems and can also successfully link my programs with the static libraries.

My versions are:
ORACLE 7.3.2
HP-UX B.10.20 A 9000/800

Has anyone seen this kind of thing before? What was the solution? (Unfortunately, static linking is not an option as we need to use a third party API shared library which uses libclntsh.sl, and they refuse to ship us a static version)

Cheers,
Chris.