Oracle's ODBC

From: Dave S <DS_at_nospam.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 22:02:42 -0400

Hi,

I'm having a weird problem and Oracle Support doesn't seem to know why.

I have installed Access 97 and I am linking Oracle 7.3.4 (NT). When I close the Access database and re-open it, for some reason the link screws up and I can't open the Oracle table.

When I drop the link and re-link it again, everything works fine, until I again, exit Access and re-open it.

I've done this before at other sites and had no problems (Access 97 and 7.3.4 (NT)) however for that implementation we used Intersolve's Drivers. This client does not wish to purchase Intersolve's Drivers.

Has anyone ever had this problem before?

BTW, the SQLNET.log file (on failure) says that it is trying to connect to an Oracle 8.0 host though Oracle 8 has never been installed?

Oracle's ODBC test utility does not report any problems though we never really save a table link as we do in Access.

Any Thoughts? Thanks....

Dave Received on Mon Jun 29 1998 - 04:02:42 CEST

Original text of this message