Re: SQL clients for UNIX

From: Michael Krolewski <vandra_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 08:41:10 -0700

Just as a note, Oracle was developed under UNIX first. Oracle clients exist for almost all Unix platforms. Any Oracle application can to talk to any other Oracle server if the approriate connections are defined eg tnsnames.ora is populated.

The major difficulty is that you need to get new tools for each OS. Oracle requires
that you purchase development tools for each platform that you are generating applications for. Transferring from one platform to another is easy. In the case of
Forms 4.5, just move the files and recompile.

Mike Krolewski.