Re: Oracle Forms: handling of database trigger errors

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 27 Jun 1998 03:11:44 GMT

>In our Forms applications we would be glad to be able to handle
>exceptions raised by
>database triggers.
>Unfortunately, each exception leads to Forms runtime error
> "FRM-40509: ORACLE-Fehler: Datensatz konnte nicht aktualisiert
>werden."
> (this means: "Update failed")
>Of course, it would be much better to receive a more detailed
>information of what
>happed in the database trigger.
>
>Do anybody know a better way to handle errors that occur in database
>triggers?
>
>Thanks in advance
>Stefan Richter

There are a couple of error messages that you can get - You have the FORMS one. In you on-error trigger, look at the DBMS_ERROR_MESSAGE one also. I believe you might need to make sure the Forms error message implies there IS a DBMS message before you display it. Received on Sat Jun 27 1998 - 05:11:44 CEST

Original text of this message