returning pl/sql tables in C

From: Matthew <atlana_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1998/06/26

Hello,

I've been trying to get a TABLE variable created and populated in pl/sql
(which itself is within a C program) into a two dimensional C array and
have had absolutely no luck whatsoever. What I would like to be able to do is have a run time dynamically created SQL select statement (eg select * from table_with_a_few_columns) return me the contents of the result set in one or more C variables. I have managed to get it into a VARCHAR, but this has a limitation of 32767 which is not big enough. Does anyone have some C code examples which contain the embedded pl/sql commands that will do such a thing? I have read all over the place
(including the CDs Oracle gives you, dejnews and hotbot) and have been
unable to find an example that gets right to the point. If anyone has one, I would be grateful if I could take a look at it.

Thank you,

Matthew Received on Fri Jun 26 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message