Re: D2k/F45: --- Validation on appl. level ---

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 26 Jun 1998 16:50:25 GMT

Well, I would put the test in the pre-insert/pre-update triggers depending on what uniqueness has to be tested for change.

Wernberg-Tougaard (Christian.H:wernberg-Tougaard_at_uvm.dk) wrote:
: Using D2k I have made a form, where there should be validation both at
: server- and application level. The problem is, that it seem that the appl.
: level validation doen't take place. I have a master-detail, and I want the
: form to validate whether there is uniqueness in the master before
: continuing to the detail. Of course the serverside does its refusal when I
: comit, but what about F45. Shoulden't the form do this validation, and I
: not, what trigger should I implement ??

: TIA

: --
: Christian Wernberg-Tougaard
: Political Economist
: Danish Ministry of Research and Information Technology, Building Society

--
While DSC may claim ownership of all my ideas (on or off the job),
DSC does not claim any responsibility for them. Warranty expired when you