Re: HELP: Oracle Forms 4.5

From: Thanos Tsakonas <ttskns_at_ath.forthnet.gr>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 19:21:18 +0300

schapin_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in message <6mbcgr$mt4$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>Using Oracle Forms 4.5
>
>We have a bunch of tables which all have the same schema (ie. the same
table
>layout - different names). We would like to have one Oracle Form which
>prompts the user for a table name; and then pulls column information from
the
>specified table.
>
>So, the final product would allow the user to input his table name. Then
it
>would perform just like any other standard form. This form would run using
>the specified table name as the base table.
>
>Can it be done? I appreciate any help!
>
>Thank you,
>Steve Chapin
>schapin_at_energygraphics.com

I'm not sure if these apply to 4.5 but they will work in 5.0 Assuming your table name is resided in :LEVEL1, you may try the following:

set_block_property(:LEVEL1,QUERY_DATA_SOURCE_NAME,:LEVEL1); set_block_property(:LEVEL1,DML_DATA_TARGET_NAME,:LEVEL1);

Hope it helped.

Thanos Tsakonas
SW Engineer Received on Thu Jun 25 1998 - 18:21:18 CEST

Original text of this message