Re: Forms 5.0 calls RUN_PRODUCT(REPORTS...)

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 20:19:12 GMT

Candy Robinson <candy_at_bcstec.ca.boeing.com> wrote:

>I am using the Beta version of Forms 5.0.4.11.3, on Oracle 7.2.3. My forms
>builder is running on Windows NT. I am trying to call a report from a radio
>group using the RUN_PRODUCT command. I get this error:
>
>Error 307
>Too many declarations of 'RUN_PRODUCT' match this call.
>
>Anyone know what's going on? My call (within the WHEN-RADIO-CHANGED
>trigger) looks something like this:
>
>If :menu_select = 3 THEN
>RUN_PRODUCT(REPORTS,report_name,SYNCHRONOUS,RUNTIME,FILESYSTEM,NULL); END IF;
>
>Many thanks for any help!
>--
>Sandra (Candy) Robinson
>candy_at_bcstec.ca.boeing.com

The message can be caused by an incorrect # of parameters... My call to a report looks like this:
run_product(REPORTS,'Labor1',ASYNCHRONOUS,RUNTIME,FILESYSTEM,NULL,NULL);

It appears to have an extra NULL and the Report name is in quotes - maybe it will work if you add a NULL and put the filename in quotes...

Hope it helps,
John Greco
Oracle DBA/Application Developer Received on Thu Jun 25 1998 - 22:19:12 CEST

Original text of this message