Re: Forms 4.5 Creating a Record Question

From: Thanos Tsakonas <ttskns_at_ath.forthnet.gr>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 19:09:23 +0300

Jenny Farnham wrote in message <6mrsab$goa_at_lace.colorado.edu>...
>In a multi-line block or "detail block", I am
>pressing the insert record key. When I do this
>a blank line appears beneath the line I am on.
>
>This is fine most of the time. However, there is
>a time when the user will be sitting on the FIRST
>record of the multi-line block and want to insert
>a new line ABOVE or BEFORE the first record.
>
>WE are trying manage line numbers and for 99% of the
>data entry we have it nailed down. Its only in the situation
>I just described where we can't get a line inserted visually
>before the first line in the multi-line block.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Jen

This idea could work without line numbers, but it will be efficient only for a limited number of records. Checked with less than 30 records and worked fine.

BLOCK TRIGGER : key-crerec
/* bubble-insert */
declare

     x number;
begin

     x:=:system.cursor_record;
     last_record;
     loop
         create_record;
         duplicate_record;
         previous_record;
         delete_record;
         previous_record;
         exit when :system.cursor_record = x;
     end loop;
     create_record;
     duplicate_record;
     previous_record;
     /* then we use subsequent clear_item commands - to flush values... */
     clear_item('Your_block.Your_item');
end;

Thanos Tsakonas
SW Engineer Received on Thu Jun 25 1998 - 18:09:23 CEST

Original text of this message