PL/SQL Variable Size Problem

From: Ben Weber <weber_at_pjm.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 11:20:30 -0400

Hello,

[Quoted] I have a table which is used to store reports that I am allowing users to download via WebServer. The reports are stored in the database as LONG (which has a max length of 2G). However, the PL/SQL function that I am using to retrieve the report from the DB seems to have a limitation based on PL/SQL variables of 32K.

Looking through the documentation for PL/SQL, there was no workaround that would allow me to get the entire value. It said that even if you defined it as a LONG, it would have a max of 32K.

Is there any other way to get around this variable limitation?

Thanks in advance,
Ben Weber Received on Thu Jun 25 1998 - 17:20:30 CEST

Original text of this message