JDBC (Thin) : No more data to read from socket

From: Cor van Donge <donge_at_ibm.net>
Date: 24 Jun 1998 22:37:51 GMT

I compiled the examples that came with the JDBC download from Oracle and as a Java Application I was able to retrieve data from the database

Hoever if I try to use it as an applet I get the message : No more data to read from socket

The strange thing is that if I use a wrong database name, then it returns with
an Oracle error, if I use a good or bad username/pwd combination then it comes
with the same error : No more data to read from socket

Does someone know the answer to this problem ?

Cor van Donge Received on Thu Jun 25 1998 - 00:37:51 CEST

Original text of this message