Forms 3.0 question

From: Michael <michael1_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 19:53:39 +0200

[Quoted] I am currently working on an old application developed with forms 2.0 !!!
After converting them to Forms 3.0 I need to build in a workaroud to make these forms year 2000 compliant.

Imagine a block with a field1 and a field2 .Field1 is a DATETIME field and a basetable item which is took of the screen. Field2 is a CHAR field no, basetable item and is displayed on the location where Field1 used to be displayed. After executing a query, Field 2 should be populated whith the value of field1 using format dd-mon-yy. A post query trigger is being used for that. If that trigger does not exist yet it is easy. I make a Version 3 trigger and use the code: :block.field2 := to_char(:block.field1,'dd-mon-yy');

If there is already a version 2 trigger this will not work. I need to know what is the correct code to copy the value of database field1 to display item field2.
I tried the following (among others)
#exemacro copy block.field1 into block.field2 This does not work because the length of the date in field1 is 11 characters. Usin a format does not work either. What am I doing wrong.
Replacing the V2 triggers with V3 triggers is not an option since there are so many of them and time is limited.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

Michael
The Netherlands. Received on Wed Jun 24 1998 - 19:53:39 CEST

Original text of this message