Re: rollback = no

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 13:46:05 GMT

A copy of this was sent to djohnson_at_carbon.cudenver.edu (David S Johnson) (if that email address didn't require changing) On 23 Jun 1998 21:03:30 GMT, you wrote:

>I am trying to run a rather large update from a script and I know that I do not
>want to rollback. Is there a way to set rollback not to bother from within the
>script? The problem is that I keep getting errors because the rollback segment
>cannot be extended any further. I do not want to create extra space for the
>rollback segment.
>
>Thank you,
>
>Mike Davis
>New Media Designs
>mdavis_at_nmd.com

No there is not. What if, during the update, the system crashed? You might think you never want to rollback but really, you do.

You cannot disable rollback on an update operation.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Wed Jun 24 1998 - 15:46:05 CEST

Original text of this message