Converting Forms 4.5 to 5.0 - GPF Problems

From: David Field <davidf_at_rockdb.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 12:10:05 +0100

[Quoted] I have been converting around 100 forms from v4.5 to v5. Most of them have converted OK, but a number of them cause the Forms Builder/Generator to crash out with a General Protection Fault when you attemp to Generate the form. I have discovered a work around with involves using the Compile All function in the builder. Basically, the first time you use 'Compile All' the compile window says that there are compilation errors and the 'Goto Error' button is enabled - However there are no compilation errors listed in the window and pressing the 'goto error' button has no effect. If you immediatley repeat the 'compile all' without changing anything the compilation errors suddenly dissapear. Once you have performed this process of compiling twice, the form can be generated without a GPF.

Oracle support say that I am the first person to raise this issue and that they have many clients who have performed similar migrations without any problems whatsoever.

I would be gratefull if anyone who has had Forms conversion problems could let me know, as I am pretty sure I can not be the only person to have suffered this problem

Thanks in advance,

David Field. Received on Wed Jun 24 1998 - 13:10:05 CEST

Original text of this message