Re: Unix tools for Oracle DBs

From: Dmitry G. Bezgodov <dima_at_profit.maginfo.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 05:06:24 -0500

Marc Brooks wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm doing some web development that uses an Oracle
> DB as the backend. I'm doing the scripting from a Linux
> box, and I was wondering if there were any utilities that
> allowed manipulation of the DB. Something like SQL*Plus for
> Linux would be great, but I'd be happy with a command-line
> program. The DB is running on a WinNT box, so telnetting
> in is not possible. I do have access to other flavors of
> Unix, so any Unix utility will probably be of use.
>
> Thanks,
> Marc
> mwbrooks_at_mitre.org

Hi.

You wrote You have Linux. That's good. We are already using Developer 2000 for SCO Unix
under Linux. All works fine: SvrMgr,Sqlplus,F45desm, R25Desm and more...

Before using Dev2k under Linux You need to load iBCS module: insmod iBCS

Excuse me for my "strange" English. ;-)

Dmitry. Received on Wed Jun 24 1998 - 12:06:24 CEST

Original text of this message