Accessing Web Forms from a Mac Web Browser

From: Dave Erwin <Dave.Erwin_at_lmco.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 08:36:23 -0700

We have the Developer/2000 Server 1.6 installed on a HP-UX 10.20 machine and have successfully
accessed forms from Netscape 4.05 with the Java 1.1.5 patch on Windows 95 and NT. We have not been
successful on the Mac. I have tried Apple's MRJ 2.0 using their Apple Applet Runner and Microsoft 's
Internet Explorer 4.01 for the Mac with the Java MRJ selected.

The Apple Applet Runner works but it real real real slow. It takes 5-10 minutes for the form to come up
and scrolling on a multi-record block form is painfully slow. You can watch it paint the columns top to
bottom left to right with each line (times the number of columns) taking about a second. Some forms take
3-5 minutes to scroll down a page.

Microsoft 's Internet Explorer 4.01 for the Mac with MRJ selected doesn't even bring up the form. I hangs once the Oracle Forms Login dialog comes up.

Has anyone had any luck running the web forms on the Mac. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Received on Tue Jun 23 1998 - 17:36:23 CEST

Original text of this message