Re: Des2K 2.0: Table-Tablespace, etc.

From: Jeff Jacobs <jmjacobs_at_jeffreyjacobs.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 22:57:41 GMT

"Ilya S. Itkin" <iitkin_at_houston.geoquest.slb.com> wrote:

>(1) Can Des2K handle tablespaces as "objects"? Can I associate a table
>with a tablespace so the generated ("forward engineered") DDL has
>TABLESPACE in its CREATE TABLE statements?

Yes. First you have to create the tablespace in RON (1.x) or DesEd (R2). In R1.x, you associated the table with the tablespace in the table definition. In R2, it gets more complicated, you have to associate the TABLE IMPLEMENTATION with the TABLESPACE.

>(2) Can Des2K Server Model Diagrammer graphically display cardinality
>(like "one-to-one", etc.)?
>
>I was using those features in ERWin...

No. The feature is done in the ER Diagrammer, not the Server Diagrammer. The Server only shows the FK side with the crow's foot, and doesn't know about cardinality in the diagram.

>TIA,
>
>Ilya

-JJ

Visit our new website at http://www.jeffreyjacobs.com

 Jeffrey Jacobs & Associates
 Oracle Designer/2000 Consulting & Training  951-2 Old Country Road, Suite 119, Belmont, CA 94002  Voice: 650-571-1457, FAX: 800-665-1379
 Email: jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com
 Web: http://www.jeffreyjacobs.com Received on Tue Jun 23 1998 - 00:57:41 CEST

Original text of this message