Re: Version Control thru the lifecycle

From: David G. Burch <dburch_at_prairie.lakes.com>
Date: 1998/06/22

Chris Duursma wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm currently working for a large project using des2000/1.3.2. Next
> month we'll go in production and we are thinking about how we'll have
> version control thru the lifecycle of our product. As a part of the
> quality managment process we should e.g. know the changes
> (date/who/what) in pl/sql-modules. Of course i can use the release
> notes
> property, can document changes inside the code and combine all this
> together whith the (poor) posibilities of version control inside the
> des2000. But is there no better way? For example an integration of
> tools
> like Intersolv PVCS Version Manager into Oracle Designer 2000. Any
> ideas, experiences, products etc?
>
> Chris

> Swiss Post
> Postfinance - PF22
> I/O Systeme
> Chris Duursma, Senior Consultant
> Engehaldestrasse 39
> CH-3030 Bern
>
> Tel: +41 31 338 16 16
> FAX: +41 31 338 70 29
> e-mail: duursmac_at_post.ch
> private e-mail: duursma_at_thenet.ch

If you have some money to spend, look at Echo/2000. It is available only thru Oracle Consulting Services (unfortunately). It has been discussed and shown at ODTUG for the past two years. It uses the API to implement versioning; both object and application.It is rumored that it will be gradually incorporated into Designer itself over the next year or so... Received on Mon Jun 22 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message