Re: oratcl performance?

From: Tom Poindexter <tpoindex_at_nyx10.nyx.net>
Date: 1998/06/22

In article <358c5785.613137945_at_news2.digex.net>, Ted Holden <medved_at_access.digex.net> wrote:

>I'd appreciate hearing from anybody with any sort of an idea of
>how performance questions might figure into any sort of a choice
>between using tcl and oratcl, mfc/odbc, or Programmer 2000.

Unfortunately, the answer is "depends". Too much depends on database and application design to pigeon hole each choice into a neat category. I think Tcl/Tk/Oratcl can hold its own with either of the other two.

>Oratcl wins hands down on being simple to set up and use.

I agree! :-)

--
Tom Poindexter                       Does any spammer really think that I'd
tpoindex_at_nyx.net                     buy something from them?