Re: Current Record In Multi-Record Block (Forms 4.5)

From: <dsloan_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 15:05:33 GMT

  Bernadette <b.pinto_at_zetnet.co.uk> wrote: ...
> ... how do I capture the value for the item where the input
> focus sits (I.e., the CURRENT RECORD):
> I.e., my_variable := :my_block.my_name;

 You may try
  my_variable := name_in ( :system.cursor_item );  CURSOR_ITEM returns the block and item name where focus sits.  NAME_IN returns the current value of any name you pass it.  See the Forms Online Help System for specific times when it is inadvisable to use the CURSOR_ITEM system variable.
 Later, Dave