Oracle 8.0.4.0.0 Net8 Assistant Problem

From: Ken Murphy <test_at_default.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 10:30:32 +0200

After upgrading to Oracle 8, I ran into problems executing the network configuration tool, Net8 Assistant. The tool works pretty much as advertised, except that after doing about one tnsnames or listener update, the tool locks up. This happens even when nothing else is running on my PC. The client platform is a Sunix running NT 4.00.1381 with 32M of ram.

The problem also occurs when Assistant is executed from Enterprise Manager.

Any ideas about how this can be corrected? Received on Fri Jun 19 1998 - 10:30:32 CEST

Original text of this message