Building a query

From: <thuben_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 19:01:36 GMT

My partner and myself are working on our final class project, and have run into trouble creating queries based on previous block items. We want to run a query that pulls rows (hydraulic units) from the table UNTYPE into an item in the block BL_UNTYPE. 1) We have used Populate_List with a record group to create a poplist of values that includes all the aircraft types in the BL_ACTYPE block. 2) We now want to highlight one of these values and use it as the basis to create a query and populate an item (LS_ACTYPEID_UNTYP) in the BL_UNTYPE block. 3) We are working with SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY (see below), but it is not behaving itself!

Table of aircraft types, ACTYPE:

ACTYPEID_ACTYPE

707
737
767
777
L-1011
MD-11
MD-80
MD-99

00 ACTYPE Table of aircraft hydraulic units, UNTYPE:

UNTYPEID_UNTYP ACTYPEID_UNTYPE DESCRIPTION_UNTYP

------------    -------------     ----------------
07RES-6582     707             	Hydraulic Reservoir
1011MST-621    L-1011      	Main Landing Gear Strut
A11RCT-837     MD-11        	Rudder Actuator
A11ECT-645     MD-11        	Elevator Actuator
00 UNTYPE      00 ACTYPE        DEFAULT ENTRY

Procedure being used:

PROCEDURE TST_3PROC IS
BEGIN

	SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY('bl_untype',DEFAULT_WHERE,
	'bl_untype.untypeid_untyp = :actypeid_actyp');
END; Using this procedure does not give any errors, but the only items being returned are the default items in the List Element properties of the Untypeid_Untyp block. It appears that this procedure is not going to the list item ‘ACTYPEID_ACTYP’ to retrieve any value, and is defaulting back to the List Element. Has the list item ‘ACTYPEID_ACTYP’ not been initialized with the value shown in the field as it appears on the form? It seems that there is something very simple that we’re missing.

Any information, solutions, help, and/or examples would be greatly appreciated!

Clyde Reed and Michael Junker,
ctreed(!!)ns.net
(Replace (!!) with _at_ to e-mail)