NAME_IN and Date fields

From: Vikram Dayanidhi <vikran_at_Bayou.UH.EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 09:43:17 -0500

Hi all,
I don't if this quetion has been answered.

I have a date field with a format mask of 'mm/dd/rr'. The NLS_DATE_FORMAT on my machine is 'DD-MON-YYYY HH24:MI:SS'. When the NAME_IN function is used on this field, the return is of the form
'DD-MON-YY'. However, when I change the format mask on the field to
'mm/dd/yyyy', the return is 'DD-MON-YYYY'.

Is there any way, I can get NAME_IN to return the date in the format defined in NLS_DATE_FORMAT regardless of the format mask defined on the field.

TIA
Vikram Received on Thu Jun 18 1998 - 16:43:17 CEST

Original text of this message