Version Control thru the lifecycle

From: Chris Duursma <duursmac_at_post.ch>
Date: 1998/06/17

Hi

[Quoted] I'm currently working for a large project using des2000/1.3.2. Next month we'll go in production and we are thinking about how we'll have version control thru the lifecycle of our product. As a part of the quality managment process we should e.g. know the changes (date/who/what) in pl/sql-modules. Of course i can use the release notes property, can document changes inside the code and combine all this together whith the (poor) posibilities of version control inside the des2000. But is there no better way? For example an integration of tools like Intersolv PVCS Version Manager into Oracle Designer 2000. Any ideas, experiences, products etc?

Chris

Swiss Post
Postfinance - PF22
I/O Systeme