Re: Forms 4.5: where to put code to create new record?

From: <dsloan_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 21:17:08 GMT

"Todd Owers" <ToddO_at_gcr1.com> wrote:
> I have a block of code that I want to execute each time a user adds a new
> record.
> 1. Select 'Add New Record' from the menu. This invokes
> DO_KEY('CREATE_RECORD').

... <other methods removed>
> Then, I put the code in a
> When-Create-Record trigger. This trigger fires after options 2 and 3, but
> not after option 1. What gives? I would expect the When-Create-Record
> trigger to fire in all situations when a new record is created, but it does
> not.

Todd- Your instinct was right... I would encourage you to check #1 again with the When-Create-Record trigger. It does fire in that case, and it will in all cases. One important caveat... if you created a KEY-CREREC trigger that did something *other* than create_record, then a record will not be created and the When-Create-Record trigger will not fire. Good Luck, Dave