From: TimeVest Inc. <reb_at_shell5.ba.best.com>
Date: 17 Jun 1998 13:10:28 -0700

[Quoted] [Quoted] So apparently a large database (6 gigs) was dumped in compressed format (.Z) to disk and is around 400 MBs. The file was created on Solaris 2.5.

I copied the compressed file over to a 9 gig NFTS drive on an NT. Using the mks uncompress I tried to uncompress it. It created a 2 gig file. I tried again with gzip_nt.exe and it also created a 2 gig file.

How am I supposed to load this database into the database if I can't even uncompress the dump file to it's full 6 gigs?

Any ideas?!

Bob   Received on Wed Jun 17 1998 - 22:10:28 CEST

Original text of this message