Re: Oracle and Year 2000

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 17:36:16 GMT

Michael <michael1_at_xs4all.nl> wrote:

>I need to make some forms millenium-proof.
>Some say that using dateformat DD-MM-RRRR in stead of DD-MM-YYYY does
>the job, others say it is just a media hype. Who should I believe?
>I use Forms4.5 (if this is of any importance).
>
>Thanks to anyone who can help me out on this
>
>Michael

To ensure Y2k compliance within a form, use the field format string FXMM-DD-YYYY or any Month,Day,year format that uses YYYY as the year - the FX preceding the 'actual' format will force users of the form to enter the date exactly as formatted -
Set the database date format to DD-MM-YYYY since, with forced 4-digit year input, it will always be correct....( assuming your users know the correct date ! )

Hope it helps,
John Greco
Oracle DBA Received on Mon Jun 15 1998 - 19:36:16 CEST

Original text of this message