Re: Forms 3 procedures documentation vs practice

From: Tommy Wareing <p0070621_at_brookes.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 10:41:58 GMT

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998 06:18:11 GMT, c.eastwood_at_gu.edu.au (Chris Eastwood) wrote:
>and then gives the example of to navigate to a field
>GO_FIELD('EMPNO');
>
>but in my experience of things I have to use :blockname.fieldname
>
>IE
>
>PR_SF00_APPEND_CENTURY ( :MAIN.PYMNT_RCVD_DATE );
If you refer to the contents of a field, precede it with a colon (as in your PR_SF00... example).
If you refer to the field itself, do not precede it with a colon (as in GO_FIELD).
Of course, when you have a field whch contains the name of a field, things get much more fun :-)
eg. if TARGET is a field, and it contains the value EMPNO, then 'TARGET' has the value TARGET :-)
:TARGET has the value EMPNO
NAME_IN('TARGET') has the value EMPNO
NAME_IN(:TARGET) has the value of EMPNO

GO_FIELD('TARGET'); puts the cursor in the TARGET field. GO_FIELD(:TARGET); puts the cursor in the EMPNO field.

--
Tommy Wareing
MIS Group