Pb Connecting to Personnal Oracle

From: (wrong string) ébastien BEAUGRAND <beaugrand_at_idb-consulting.fr>
Date: 1998/06/14

Hello,

I'm trying to get a connection to Personal Oracle the local database from my application.
On my computer I've some connections to remote Oracle databases via SQL Net 3.2 and
it's OK (I use alias in Tnsnames.ora to connect to these databases).

I can't connect to the Personnal Oracle local database from Visual Basic, Delphi, Business Objects ... But it's possible from SQL*Plus and Oracle*Navigator.

I tried :      user/pwd_at_2:
                  user/pwd_at_local

(where local is defined in my Tnsnames.ora with my IP address and the SID ORCL). PS: I tried the same code in a computer with just Personal Oracle and no access to remote databases and it works with user/pwd_at_2:

Thank you for your help

Could you reply at : beaugrand_at_idb-consulting.fr Received on Sun Jun 14 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message