ProC vs. C++ with OCI

From: James Woodger <jwoodger_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 19:59:49 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'd like opinions on why I might choose ProC vs. C++.

My current impression is that the database is easier to access from ProC but you can get integrated C++ development environments (e.g. Visual C++) that makes editing and debugging complex code easier. Importantly, one must use OCI to access the Oracle DBMS from C++.

Questions:

1. Are there other compelling diferences between ProC and C++?
2. How solid is the OCI interface?
[Quoted] 3. How easy to learn and use is OCI for routines with a lot of database
access? (would embedded PL/SQL be a much easier route for routines with heavy database access?)

[Quoted] I would really appreciate a copy of any replies at jwoodger_at_sympatico.ca Received on Sun Jun 14 1998 - 21:59:49 CEST

Original text of this message