Re: TK23 & TK25

From: <czetie_at_nospamus.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 16:34:15 -0700

Andrew Stubbs wrote:

> Does anyone know what these dll's actually do.

They are part of the widget drawing library. But knowing that isn't really going to help you! The actual location of the bug could be anywhere, it just happens to be TK that dies, e.g. due to a corrupt data structure.

> Oracle support says "produce a test case" (whatever that means) and are
> unwilling to help further - basically I have to find the bug in their code
> before they will aknowledge there is a bug !!

That's a little unfair - all they are really asking you to do is to provide a reproducible case that they can work with. The smaller the better, of course. Though I must say I'm surprised that nobody in Support would explain to you what "produce a test case" meant when you asked them. (You did ask them what they meant, right?) Received on Wed Jun 10 1998 - 01:34:15 CEST

Original text of this message