Re: Regarding Loading of excel data file into oracle database

From: Patrick Ryan <pat_at_halcyon.com>
Date: 9 Jun 1998 22:12:07 GMT

The following will load tab-delimited fields which may or may not have double quotes around them.

load data
APPEND
into table <yourtable>
fields terminated by X'09' optionally enclosed by '"' trailing nullcols

Praba Dorai (praba_at_pluto1.engr.sgi.com) wrote:
: I tried to put the excel data file using SQL*LOADER(each field having
: more than one space within the field ,fields are delimitted by tab and
: there is no fixed lentgh for each filed). I was unable to succeed.
:
: Can anyone tell me what kind of option I have to try to
: load the excel data file into the database ?
:
:
: Thanks in advance.
: