2nd HELP d2k and web generator HELP:-(

From: Danny Corriveau <danny_at_qsl.com>
Date: 1998/06/09

Hi everybody,

    I'm using d2k 1.3.2 for my web development but I have a problem when pakage auto generating hyperlink ex:
Say that I have a table emp and i want to see all the employees in a table (html!!) and on the field "name" it will be a link to is salary. But when the pakage generate the link it did not change the reserved characters in URL for is escape sequences (:,/,?,;,_at_,=,& are reserved character) this means that if i have a reserved character in a record that will be use in my URL it will not work. Let say I have a name
"me&my". In the url that the pakage will generate
"http://www.mycomp.com/dad/plsql/pakage_salary?name=me&my&dep=hr" if
you know CGI and HTML you will understand what my problem is. It's because the & sign is use as a variable separator. The good url should be "http://www.mycomp.com/dad/plsql/pakage_salary?name=me%26my&dep=hr" is there any way (parameter, preference, etc) to make &(and other special caracters) become %26(or %xx for the other) without going in the plsql code??????

I would really appreciate a answer on my email

Thanks in advance

--
e-mail : danny_at_qsl.com

Resistance is futile, Assimilation is near.

--

WindowsError:005 Multitasking attempted. System confused

Quebec Stevedoring Ltd
e-mail : danny_at_qsl.com
Tel    :(418) 522-4701
Fax    :(418) 522-5662
Resistance is futile, Assimilation is near.