Packages vs PRO*C/C++

From: David Labajo <labajo_at_tid.es>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 16:27:56 +0200

Hello,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm developing an application which connects to an Oracle database using PRO*C/C++. The application is written in C++ under Solaris 2.5.1. The application works right, but I have had a lot of problems with PRO*C. It's not Multithreaded safe, and it has a lot of memory leaks. I have finally solved all these problems, but I think there should be something more eficient than PRO*C.

I've just read there are something called "Packages", stored in the server like PL/SQL, and that can be accesed from C++ programs; bu HOW?. How can I write a package and use it from a C++ program?. Do I have to connect to the database like in PRO*C?. Do I have to compile/link my [Quoted] program with special libraries?......

The question is: Which is the best way to make selects, inserts, updates, deletes in an Oracle database from a c++ program? If PRO*C is the answer, Is it better to use classes made with dynamic SQL (Method 4) to perform all the SQL sentences (This is what I've done till now); or explicit SQL sentences without dynamic SQL?.

Thanks in advanced for your answer

David Labajo
TID labajo_at_tid.es Received on Tue Jun 09 1998 - 16:27:56 CEST

Original text of this message