Re: oracle8 jdbc begginer's question

From: Doug Cha <dcha_at_shell2.ba.best.com>
Date: 1998/06/07

I recall a bug in the NT release of SQL*NET that caused this error in an otherwise ok jdbc program. You can test by running your program against a differnet server (like solaris) if possible.

Otherwise, try looking for the 8.0.3.0.1 (I think, it may have been 8.0.3.0.2) SQL*NET TCP/IP patch.

-Doug

In comp.databases.oracle.server vagelis Hristidis <exrist_at_cc.ece.ntua.gr> wrote:
: I've posted this question some days ago, but the answers I got couldn't
: help.

: I try to run the sample thin jdbc applet of Oracle8(jdbcapplet.htm) and
: I
: get this message:

: Connecting to jdbc:oracle:thin:scott/tiger_at_COLLOSUS:1521:ORCL
: No more data to read from socket

: Do you have any idea what this is?
: TNSListener is running on port 1521,I use frontpage personal web server
: and
: database ORCL(comes with oracle8) is running.
: Thanks in advance.
: Please mail to me.

: --
: Vagelis S. Hristidis
: Electrical and Computer Engineering
: National Technical University of Athens
: e-mail:exrist_at_cc.ece.ntua.gr
: URL:http://www.cc.ece.ntua.gr/~exrist