Re: OCI 8 and DBMS_ALERT

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 1998 15:18:29 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "rakesh" <rakesh_at_mci2000.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Sat, 06 Jun 1998 04:39:59 GMT, you wrote:

>Where can I get more information about using the
>DBMS_ALERT feature in OCI programs ?
>
>Looked up the OCI Programmer's guide -
>did not find anything.
>

>thanks in advance
>rakesh

Application Developers Guide has documentation on dbms_alert. dbms_alert is a pl/sql thing that can be called from OCI (or anything else) -- thats why its not in the OCI guide.

Its chapter 16 of the application developers guide.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Sat Jun 06 1998 - 17:18:29 CEST

Original text of this message