Help! SQL Jobs won't run from Enterprise Manager

From: Greg Frizzle <gfrizzle_at_husseyseating.com>
Date: 1998/06/05

[Quoted] We are trying to create a job that simply runs a SQL statement, but we aren't having much luck. (By the way, we're Oracle 7.3.2.3.8, and Enterprise Manager 1.5.) When creating the job, I select "Run SQL * Plus" from the list of Tasks, and I just put a simple "SELECT * FROM SCOTT.EMP" in the Script Text box on the Parameters tab.

When I submit the job, it comes back with a Failed status. The message is "nms-1013: sqlplus does not exist". It definitely does exist on the server. The only help we've gotten from the books were to check to see of the agent can run server manager, which it can. Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know exactly what executable the job is expecting to see? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Received on Fri Jun 05 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message