Forms 4.5/5.0 Stacked Canvas

From: Candy Robinson <candy_at_bcstec.ca.boeing.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 18:32:58 GMT

OK, I bit the bullet and just moved my Developer 2000 license from Unix to NT (sob!). This also means Forms 4.5 to 5.0, and I couldn't port my form
(grossly expanded the screen, and added a few other quirks regarding
windows. Decided to re-write). I look at the Properties window on my Unix version, and the one on NT. I cannot see anything different. I go through the Forms 4.5 documentation with a finetooth comb on stacked canvases. Can't see anything wrong... (Except that there isn't similar 5.0 documentation). I am still using the Beta Forms 5.0.4.11.3 version, and Oracle 7.2.3 (upgrading soon to real 5.0 and probably 7.3.2). My Developer tools are on NT 4.0, Oracle database is on HP-UX.

          I have a radio button that selects one of three stacked canvases to display on my content canvas. I can see them all by going to the next block, but can't seem to programmatically select them with the radio button. I am using the WHEN-RADIO-CHANGED trigger, with this code:

BEGIN
IF :equip = 1 THEN SHOW_VIEW('ADD_VIEW'); ELSE IF :equip = 2 THEN SHOW_VIEW('OPT_VIEW'); ELSE SHOW_VIEW('PREF_VIEW'); END IF; END IF; END; This worked on Unix. Why not NT? Is there some property I've missed? Any hints greatly appreciated. When I hit the radio button, I see a brief flash of a square where the frame is, but that's it. I've followed all the guidelines I can see, including ordering the canvases in the navigator
(even though that isn't required for programmatic access). Help! (And TIA
:-} )
- --Candy

--
Sandra (Candy) Robinson		Boeing -- Irving Co.
candy.l.robinson_at_boeing.com	P.O. Box 152707, MS TR-56

(972) 659-2558 Irving, TX 75015-2707
------- It takes all the running you can do to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else you must run twice as fast as that. --Alice, in Lewis Carroll's "Through the Looking Glass"