schemas and functions

From: Karen Kluge <kakluge_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 16:31:39 -0700

I posted this before (see below) and realize I didn't articulate the question clearly enough.. User2 is not creating the function in User1's schema. User2 is creating the function in his/her own schema. And it's not as academic a question as it sounds: in reality I have another (non-DBA) user who wants to execute this function and can't, and I've traced the problem to the fact that for this schema, prefacing the function name with the schema name doesn't seem to work.

>I have a mysterious occurrence I'm hoping someone can explain. I have
2
>users who both have DBA privileges, let's call them user1 and user2.
If