SQL*PLUS Format Question

From: Andy Hering <andy_hering_at_forecross.com>
Date: 1998/06/02

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted]  I'm using a sqlplus script that will dump the contents of a table into an ASCII Flatfile. Everything works fine, except that the first column does NOT start at position one, but rather position 2. I tried several ways to resolve this, but nothing seemed to work. When I tried ltrim, it forced the column in position 1, but put a lot of spaces between column 1 and column2. My first column is a number column. Is there any way to get the SQL*Plus to start the output at position 1?

Thanks,
Andy Received on Tue Jun 02 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message